The latest issue of Liquid Imagination is currently live! We present in our 14th issue another batch of outstanding speculative fiction, literary fiction, flash fiction & poetry edited by Kevin Wallis, Chrissy Davis & yours truly. As usual Sue Babcock designed the issue beautifully and the voice of Robert C. Eccles narrated the long form stories. Check it out!
- Transience, Transcend by Eric Sasson *
- Luke by Chris Dean
- Trespass by A.M. Arruin
- The Storytellers by Josh Bugosh
- The Downlink by Ken Goldman
- Leaving Home by Nicomedes Austin Suárez
- For a Handful of Crowns by Milo James Fowler
- Breaking Point by Gargi Mehra
- Appointment with Samarra by Cezarija Abartis
- Eric’s Battle by Jack Horne
- Minor Annoyances by Joyce Frohn
- The Missionary’s Dream Snare by Penny Stirling
- Dog Days (and Nights) of Summer by John H. Dromey
- The Rodin Show by John Hayes
- You Should Beat My Face in Tonight Or Just Sleep Instead by Justin Curfman
- Adopted by Aliens by KJ Hannah Greenberg
- mise en scene by Theresa Williams
- Cherokee by Kevin Heaton
- Being More Is More by KJ
The latest issue of Liquid Imagination went live this week. Here’s what we have in store for you:
Speculative Short Stories – Edited by Kevin Wallis:
- 60 Minutes by Matthew Leroy
- The Riveting Tale of Rosie Reever by C.S. Nelson
- 2012: A Firsthand Account of the End of Days by Bryan Phillippi
- Carnival by Julie Reece
- Fugue State by Jennifer Rachel Baumer
- Scuttle by Milo James Fowler
- Six Sunsets by Maria Alberto
* All of these tales are narrated by Bob Eccles
Flash Fiction/Microfiction – Edited by Brandon Rucker:
- Featured author Kenton Yee: Swan Egg by Kenton Yee, Erasers by Kenton Yee, & Wholly Matrimony by Kenton Yee (the latter narrated by Bob Eccles & flash-animated by Sue Babcock).
- The Faernix’s Regard by Mark Wolf
- Death Watch by Richard Flores IV
- Cold Steel by Raina Lorring
- Tomfoolery by John H. Dromey
Literary Fiction edited by Sue Babcock & John “JAM” Arthur Miller:
Poetry edited by Chrissy Davis:
- Paper BMW by Amit Parmessur
- Juvenile Jackdaws from the Clouds by Amit Parmessur
- White Goddess by Lee Clark Zumpe
- The Fool’s Lament by J.S. Watts
- The Rowan Tree by Marina Lee Sable
- November Storm Break by Charles Leggett
- The Universe In Words by Matthew King
Plus articles and plenty of stunning digital artwork provided by Sue Babcock and Jack S. Rogers.
Check it out.
Kept under wraps for about two months now was my involvement with speculative fiction literay webzine Liquid Imagination, published by John “JAM” Arthur Miller, whom I’ve been entangled with creatively in a couple of different ways lately (see blog talk radio interviews below with him). His Liquid Imagination Publishing (LIP) will be publishing Dreams and Sreams (which last week I announced that my horror poem “Dream a Little Scream of Me” will be the opener to this fantasy, science fiction and horror anthology). LIP also published the Static Movement Print Special No. 2 that features my dark-fantastic poems “Succubus” and “Mare of the Night”.
Well, before any of the above happened, I had begun working behind the scenes as the Music Composer/Coordinator for Liquid Imagination webzine’s poetry page. I have scored, performed and recorded nine individual pieces of music for each featured poetry page for our fifth issue which went live late on Sunday, January 31st. What I’d been tasked to do when I was invited to join the staff in the middle of December, is interpret the poetry pages with my musical faculties so that we can create an art form all its own out of the synergy of poems and images combined with a third artistic element, music.
Were we successful? You be the judge.
This issue features poetry by Paula Ray, Bradley Nelson, Deborah Walker, Theresa C. Newbill, Lee Sloca, Paul Handley, Heather Niciase, Aaron J. French, and Kyle Owens.
We also have short stories by: Steve Lowe, Michael C. Pennington, Linda Manning, Christopher Jacbosmeyer and Damien Walters.
And three winning contest stories by: Mark Wolf (1st Place), Trevor Tomko (2nd place), and Pushcar-Nominated Poet John C. Mannone (3rd place), who also contributes his poetry and philosophy about such on the poetry page.
If you’re too busy to read the stories, news radio voice extraordinaire Robert C. Eccles reads them for you via our new voice narration feature.
Plus articles by: AJ Brown, Dare Kent, Steven Marshall, yours truly and an interview of Neurotic Tissue editor Richard Scott McCoy by Sue Babcock.
We’ve been told by many that our fifth issue rocks. Putting all bias aside, I have to agree with that assement.
If you are a creative writer, you can submit to Liquid Imagination.