Asking for a friend — I have questions about each. Those of you who have experienced either or both:
- Have you uploaded your writing works to either?
- What has your experience been like — pros and cons?
- Is there a good community — is it legit?
- Do you use the Wattpad app or FictionPress mobile on your phone/tablet?
- Overall, have you found your association with either to be beneficial to your writing, or to you personally, or your quest for readers — beta or actual?
Wattpad looks like a serious platform for the serious, dedicated writer and perfect for serialized storytelling/publishing. Meanwhile, FictionPress looks like a kind of successor online workshop for aspiring writers — a platform not too much unlike what we had at the Zoetrope Virtual Studio in the late 90s and early aughts — except it’s postings are open to the public (unlike the ZVS).
Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.